John W Spink, PhD, Director of the Food Fraud Prevention Think Tank LLC,
and Assistant Professor, Michigan State University
This course is a series of training videos created in partnership with the Organic Trade Association (OTA) to support the Organic Fraud Prevention Solutions program, which is detailed in The Organic Fraud Prevention Guide.
If you are currently enrolled in the program, you will have received your Organic Fraud Prevention Guide and should refer to it as you work through this course. If you have not yet received the Guide, please contact the Organic Trade Association, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organic Trade Association members may now voluntarily enroll in an organic fraud prevention program to help minimize or eliminate organic fraud.
The Organic Fraud Prevention Guide was developed with the support of the Organic Trade Association’s Global Organic Supply Chain Task Force and corresponding pilot team.
Organic Trade Association homepage: https://ota.com/
To take this MOOC/Course:
- Enroll: click “Take this Course,” then log in and complete your enrollment (first-time students will be prompted to create an account)
- Begin: click “Start Course” (below)
- Course access: this is a free, self-paced, online course, available on demand
- Course content: introduction and initial student survey; two lessons with video lectures, reading material and progress quizzes; and closing survey
- Certificate of Completion: ($100, optional) available upon successful completion of course
- Student Forum: each course has a private forum where you can ask questions and discuss topics of interest
- Professional training hours: 10, indicated on Certificate of Completion
- Updates: course content updated regularly*
- Support/Questions: Support@FoodFraudPreventionThinkTank.com
*Please note: to ensure that courses reflect the most current updates, your course activity will expire and reset 12 months from your enrollment date. All courses are free, so you will still have unlimited access to the content. If you plan to purchase the optional Certificate of Completion, be sure to complete this course, purchase and download your Certificate within the 12 month period.
After enrolling in this course, click on “Start Course” below to begin.