John W. Spink, PhD, Director of the Food Fraud Prevention Think Tank LLC,
and Assistant Professor, Michigan State University
This advanced course in the Food Fraud Prevention training series provides an introduction to resource-allocation decision-making based on the COSO Enterprise Risk Management system. A key to efficient implementation of a food fraud prevention strategy is translating the food fraud vulnerability into the ERM assessment system. ERM, or an ERM-like system, is a compliance requirement in the Sarbanes-Oxley Act for US public companies (and some form of the system is usually required by all private and international companies.) The content begins with an introduction to ERM and COSO and then presents examples that apply directly to food fraud. Next, the content provides “how to start” and “how much is enough” guidance for implementation, including case study examples. The case study examples offer step-by-step “how to start” guidance.
To take this MOOC/Course:
- Enroll: click “Take this Course,” then log in and complete your enrollment (first-time students will be prompted to create an account)
- Begin: click “Start Course” (below)
- Course access: this is a free, self-paced, online course, available on demand
- Course content: introduction and initial student survey; two lessons with video lectures, reading material and progress quizzes; and closing survey
- Certificate of Completion: ($100, optional) available upon successful completion of course
- Student Forum: each course has a private forum where you can ask questions and discuss topics of interest
- Professional training hours: 10, indicated on Certificate of Completion
- Updates: course content updated regularly*
- Support/Questions: Support@FoodFraudPreventionThinkTank.com
*Please note: to ensure that courses reflect the most current updates, your course activity will expire and reset 12 months from your enrollment date. Certificates of Completion are valid for 1 year.
After enrolling in this course, click on “Start Course” below to begin.